Monday, April 6, 2009

Years in the Making

Some of you know a bit about my family's history. For years my parents' marriage really hasn't been one. They spent the last year and a half separated and are now going to be getting a divorce. The fact that they are getting divorce is perfectly fine with me. My mom has spent over 30 years taking care of everyone besides herself, and now I am so happy to finally say she is starting to take care of herself first. Those of you that really know my dad or what my family has been through understand that in a lot of ways it would be really easy to just not have my dad in my life anymore. However, no matter how hurt I am by what he has done, I do still care about him. He has struggled with addictions and mental illnesses my entire life, and those have done more harm to me than people know. I don't know how I will deal with everything that is in the near future, but I hope that I can find it within myself to find room in my heart and life to still let my dad be a part of my family in some way. I don't usually ask people to do much for me, but if you could all please keep me and my family in your prayers and hearts for a little while I know it will help. I have always struggled with forgiving and the closer it is to me the harder it is. Thank you and God bless.
Becca

6 comments:

  1. I will most certainly keep you in my prayers. I'm sorry about everything that is happening. I hope you were able to get some comfort in the words of the prophets this last conference. If you weren't able to watch it, make sure you pick up an ensign and start reading. There were some really good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Camille, I only got to hear part of it. And I definitely want to listen or read the talks when I don't have my boys as distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca you will be in our prayers. We love you so much and hope all goes well and that there will be peace and comfort in your hearts, home and mind. Love you tonz! Nikol P.S. Go on to lds.org and you can watch conference as if it were Saturday and Sunday again. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely pray for you.Forgiveness is hard to do, but just remember to pray that the lord will help you do it. With him, all things are possible. Keep your chin up. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog Becca! It's so good to read it! But yes, definitely will keep you in my thoughts... it's so awful dealing with divorce- trust me I've had to deal with it 4 times (2 from each parent, and you think they'd learn?!) My dad just married for the third time, and my mom is dating and acting like a 15 year old. *Sigh* Family is good and rough at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that your mom is finally taking time to help herself, that always seems like the hardest thing to do. I will pray for you and your family. Just know that your never alone and you have so far 5 more people that care about you and love you. we all i'm sure would do anything for you. love you

    ReplyDelete